Monday, January 23, 2012

Introductions of important people


Cassandra

This, family and friends, is the woman whom I am most thankful for in all of South Africa. She is fun, good-humored, competent, confident, and fearless - all of the characteristics I most admire in women.

Cassandra is the community project volunteer coordinator and the person who accompanies and leads the volunteers into the local community. When I first met her, she told me she was as nervous as I was to go out into the community, and it made me feel better immediately. She wasn’t originally assigned to this project but had to cover for another volunteer coordinator who is not able to arrive until later this year. I would not have been able to manage this without her and have let her know I am pretty sure God sent her to me on purpose.  



Sibu

Sibu works for African Impact as the Community Liaison. He helps us to understand more about Zulu culture, and he also translates for us when necessary. I quickly realized how valuable Sibu would be to our team, particularly after we sat through Zulu meeting after Zulu meeting. He was the man to get things done. He loves his community and dreams of helping create new economic opportunities for his people.



No comments:

Post a Comment