Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Last week had its ups and downs. Tuesday was, by far, the hardest day I have had since I arrived (see my last blog post) but there were some lighter moments as well.
This is our new community vehicle. Yes, that’s right. Come rain or shine, this is the vehicle we get in each morning and drive 45 minutes into the community (it's not actually that far away, it's just that the roads are that bad). 

The Good:

On Thursday, we got to spend time with the rhinos and then best of all we spent at least 45 minutes with the lions. It was fantastic!! 
The North Pride
I have to admit this unnerved me a little bit!
The cubs!
And my new roommate Sophie!
We have been friends since we arrived but this week we were allowed to share a chalet together (don’t let that word fool you, it is not as fancy as it sounds!) Sophie is intelligent, extremely creative, talented, and she has the ability to speak truth right into the heart of the matter.
The Bad:
This was a tooth brushing demonstration that went awry as evidenced by my face. My dentist (and family friend) would be horrified. But I have a good excuse that I will explain to him when I get home. Also my friends have been really laughing over the photo so it was worth it.
 The Ugly:
Here is a picture of me from Tuesday (my rough day) that only begins to tell part of the story. I have to admit we all laughed quite a lot at my ridiculous outfit that day, and we needed the levity. I have a new rule to try and look as ridiculous as possible on any given day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment